Dyeing Jute yarn with Basic dye
Name of the Experiment: – Dyeing Jute yarn with Basic dye.
It is suitable for acrylic fibers (other fibers by mordanting). It reacts with acetic groups, or mordants a chemical which can react or complex with a chromophore to form an insoluble color in the fibre. It has good fastness properties on acrylic fibres.
Objects: The main object of this process is to dye yarn.
- To dye jute yarn.
- To know about Basic dyestuff.
- To know how it work.
- To have an idea of dyeing curve on jute yarn.
- To know about the recipe.
- Dyestuff = 1% owf.
- Acetic acid = 1 gm/l
- Sodium Acetate =2gm/l
- Temperature = 90° c-95ºc
- Time = 45 min
- M :L = 1: 20
- Sample weight = 5 gm
- Here we shall prepare stock soln
- Acetic acid = (1×100)/(1000×1%) =10cc
- Sodium Acetate=(2×100)/ (1000×1%) =20cc
- Additional water require =100- (10+20+5) = 65 cc
Procedure : –
First required amount of dyestuff ,acetic acid agent is mixed in a closed vessel. Then additional water & Sodium Acetate are added to this mixture. Finally sample is taken in this soln and closed the open end of the vessel. Then vessel is kept on the rotadryer m/c and heated 90° c for 1 hour.
Then the vessel is open and the sample is drawn out and washed with water.
- The sample should be kept uniformly in the mixture. Otherwise non-uniform dyeing will do.
- Amount of chemical and water must be accurate.
- Chemical must mix with water very well.
Dyeing is an important experiment in textile technology. Jute is the mostly used fibre from old ages to now. So, this experiment will do a great favor to us in future days.